Monday, September 20

My Boo Radley 2nd Blog entry

       I was told that my passi (pacifier) was sort of like my Boo Radley. At first I wasn’t interested of letting it go. I never wanted it to leave my possession. I was scared that if I didn’t have it something bad would happen. I did not want it out of my sight and if it was I was scream and cry until i got it back! I was so attached to it that it isn’t even funny now (: I know that “my Boo Radley” is probably a lot different then everyone else, and to tell the truth, this is a hard subject. I seriously can’t think of anything. I don’t know of something that frightened me or was instrumental in your development my childhood to adolescence.  
       I don’t know if I could relate my experience to Scout and Boo’s. Mine is so different that it is hard to fine something that makes them similar. Scout was always wondering if Boo was real, alive, dead, or just made up. She only realized that through a few events, he was trying to show her and her brother Jem that he was real. My passi can’t talk, walk, live or die. It is just a piece of plastic and rubber that can calm little kids down. This is a hard subject to type about. I don’t have a person that is “my Boo”. I mean I don’t have or know of something or someone that was mysterious, something that scared me or intimidated me , or something that I didn’t understand. Scout did though, her “Boo” was Boo Radley. She had a person/thing that was all those things to her yet my passi isn’t a person so it is hard to compare the two.
       In the turning point though, I don’t need my passi anymore. Having it as a younger child now helps me realize that I don’t need anything like that to calm me down or comfort me. I have people around me that love and care for me. You wont see me walking around with it in my mouth and that is a good thing. I’m just guessing that most high school students has had one in one point in their life. Not everyone but I am assuming a majority of us have. Scout didn’t grow out of Boo Radley as I did my passi. But once she walked him home to his front porch she never sow him again. My “Boo” can relate to that. After I grew out of my passi and my parents took it away, I never sow it again. Both of our Boo’s have disappeared and aren’t going to return.

2 comments: