Friday, November 26

Extra Credit Blog

        The school year is flying by, i can’t believe that we are almost half way through but we have so much time left till the end of the year. There is much more to learn and do in class, but time has it’s way to interfere and make it seem like it was just yesterday that we were all walking into the class room for the first time. Now getting back to the blog, I guess that I would have to say that these diction and twist assignments are the “most important skill or concept” that I have learned. I hadn’t herd of DIDLE or TWIST before they were introduced in class, i barley herd the word diction in middle school. My language teachers never brought up this subject class and even if they did it was only for a brief moment. The “diddle” and “twist” are interesting ways to annotate pieces of writing.
        I have learned that for me twist is easier to understand, it’s less complicated to remember what each letter stands for. I have learned that just marking a writing piece in random places and looking for the simple things to annotate isn’t enough. If you are annotating it, might as well go all the way. This is important because it breaks down the poem or passage, etc. in a way that breaks it down and the reader can understand what is going on better. This may seem like a middle school thing to some people but it’s really new to me and I still have troubles decoding some of the letters. One of the things I have trouble with is the first T, tone. I look at the tone words that we got in class but sometimes I don’t see one that would fit but other people can spot them, if that makes sense. I also have trouble with the second T, theme. I always have a hard time finding out the tone in more difficult pieces. I don’t know why but it just doesn’t come to me as it would to others. Anyway, as time progresses and I practice it, it will get more and more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment