Saturday, November 20

"Lobsters"

         The idea that triggered in my mind during the discussion was the thought of how the author was, in a way, relating the lobsters to people. I have never thought about it that way. I can’t remember who brought it up, what topic we were on, or about when in the discussion it was brought up but i do remember that it stuck in my mind. The idea- Lobsters, they are being related to humans. Humans are lazy and slow, and just “meant to die”. “Who may choose whichever one he wants To carry home and drop into boiling water And serve with a sauce of melted butter.” This makes me think that we are just picked and chosen at anytime to die. We don’t have a say when or where it happens, it just does. Something else was said that compared us to them but i forget what it is, unfortunately :/
          As a result, truly, the poem didn’t change much for me. I didn’t get a whole new perspective as some other people might. It just gave me something new to think about and interpret into my own thoughts. Sure I got some new ideas, and some new information but nothing too special. At the beginning of the poem, i didn’t understand what the point of it was. Yea, lobsters in a tank, their colors, and then us eating them. I didn’t understand the main meaning of the poem until i sat in the discussion and listened to everyone’s ideas. It really helped me get the ideas and... I don’t know how to describe it, I got “Lobsters” a lot easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment